Are celebrities really just like us? We may see them in the tabloids doing things like grabbing coffee, walking their dogs, or stopping by a fitness class that make them seem more human than usual, but one thing that sets them apart is the way they celebrate their birthdays. These celebs pulled out all the stops for their birthday parties and truly celebrated in a major way!
- John Legend’s 36th Birthday Party at CATCH was just as star-studded as you could image. Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, Robert De Niro and wife, Chrissy Teigen, are just a few of the big names who were on the guest list. This small intimate party of 40 guests was anything but ordinary. The 40 guests in attendance enjoyed a 5-course private dinner prepared by the Meatpacking District hotspot’s executive chef Hung Huynh then continued the night with dancing, great music, and a heartfelt speech from Kanye West.
- Perez Hilton’s over the top 32nd Birthday party was certainly one for the books. This carnival themed party featured acrobatic performances, bartenders decked out in face paint and costumes to look like carnival performers, and Katy Perry arriving to the party decked out in sequins and riding atop an elephant. His 400-person star-studded guest list was star-studded included Liza Minnelli, Lindsay Lohan, Katy Perry, Audrina Patridge, and Ashley Tisdale.
- Miley Cyrus celebrated her 21st birthday in the most Miley Cyrus way possible. The party was held a Beachers Mad House in Hollywood, CA after she performed at the American Music Awards. The super crazy and very unique birthday party had a guest list with some of the biggest names in the industry, including Kelly Osbourne, Wiz Khalifa, Amber Rose, Emma Roberts, Liam Payne and Niall Horan. The party featured blow up dolls, strippers and a cake, which looked like a nude version of herself. The party even had super-miley-esque party favors that included paper cut-outs of the singer’s face with her tongue sticking out and “I Love Miley” sunglasses.
- Beyonce, being the wonderful woman that she is, dropped over $100,000 for a birthday party for the woman who gave her life—her Mama! This extravagant New Orleans masquerade themed 60th Birthday party was simply amazing. The guests were welcomed with a marching band as they rode in on horse drawn carriages. They were all dressed in costume and got to feast on a nine-tier golden birthday cake.
- North West, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s daughter was more famous than I could ever dream of being before she was even born. That being said, it only makes sense that her first birthday party was bigger than all my birthdays—past and future—put together. At her “Kidchella” themed party guests were treated to hair braiding, face painting, tie-dyed t-shirts and bandanas, musical performances, and churro, snow cone, and cotton candy stands. To top the day off, each party-goer was given a custom Yeezus T-shirt.
Throwing a large-scale party like any of these celebs would probably bankrupt the majority of us, but these insane parties are a great way to inspire your own party! From venue, to theme, to party favors make sure you cover all the bases and feel like a celebrity on your big day!