Everyone wants their party to be an affair that will not be soon forgotten. Picking a theme will help you decide what you and your guests should wear, what to eat, what music should be played as well as what party favors to hand out. Check out some of our suggested themes below to help you plan the perfect party!
- Black and White — A classic Black & White theme can be simple or edgy!
Attire: why not make it a semi-black tie affair? Have your friends dress up in their black and white bests.
Party Favors: Black & white cookies — yum!
Party Playlist: “Black or White” by Michael Jackson, “Men in Black” by Will Smith, “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree” by KT Tunstall, “Fade to Black” by Metallica, “Black Magic Woman” by Santana, “White Liar” by Miranda Lambert, “White Wedding” by Billy Idol.
- Old Hollywood— need a glamorous party theme? Plan a swanky Hollywood party! A Hollywood party theme is a great way to get friends together for a night that will create picture-perfect memories.
Attire: Have your guests dress up in their red carpet worthy attire. Top hats, fur coats, jeweled necklaces, the flashier the better!
Party Favors: As a thank you for attending your Hollywood party, give your guests personalized Oscar statutes!
Music: Play 1930’s big band and jazz music to set the mood
- Alice in Wonderland Tea Party — Host a splendid Alice in Wonderland tea party for your Birthday celebration!
Menu: A tea party usually features lighter eats, so your menu should include finger sandwiches, small pastries, scones with jam, tea cakes, cookies or pie. Tea of course will be served, but consider serving iced tea as well as colorful punch and juice.
Attire: Sundresses and tea hats will compliment the theme for your afternoon of delights
Party Favors: A teacup or take home bag of small treats will put a smile on your guests face.
- A Night in Paris — The art, the fashion, the romance… Paris is certainly known for its charm. Host a modern, chic affair or get inspired by the movie “Midnight in Paris” and throw a vintage, 1920s soiree.
Music: Set the mood for your party with some French music. Consider a compilation of Cole Porter hits for a more vintage feel.
Attire: Encourage your guests to wear couture ensembles. For a 1920s feel, suggest costumes from the flapper era.
Party Favors: Small bottles of wine or champagne..
- Kentucky Derby — Dress to impress with a Kentucky Derby theme! Why not enjoy a party filled with big hats, mint julep, and beautiful bold colors.
Attire: As if attending the race at Churchill Downs, the outfits should be posh and pastel colored, a dress with frills, or other boldly colored attire. Create an over-the-top hat to compliment your outfit.
Menu: Did someone say brunch? Consider serving banana bread, fruit salad and chicken salad Mint Julep is a cocktail often drank at the Derby.
Party Favors: Be original and create a Kentucky Derby recipe book! Include recipes for Burgoo, a meat based stew, Kentucky Style Pie and Mint Julep cocktails.
Your party will be a great event no matter what theme you chose. Make sure to have fun and be creative, your guests will enjoy a well planned out theme with incorporated attire, food and party favors.